Wednesday, August 5, 2009

November 22, 2006 - Travel Update 8 - Bangkok

Phew, today has been a busy and hot day folks. It is already 3 pm and i feel like going for a second massage of the day. It must be pushing 100 degrees now. I walked from the hotel to this internet cafe and I was soaking wet when I arrived. Luckily every place has ac. Even last night when I went to dinner around 9 pm it was still hot.
Finally the plans are falling together for the vietnam portion of my trip. I have the visa situation in hand and I will buy the plane tickets today. I will just need to find a hotel. I did email city to ask for any advice but there seem to be many options there. I am not too worried. I was mainly concerned about when I would get the visa processed.
Later this afternoon I will meet up with some folks to head out to dinner and the clubbing / bar hopping. Time will tell which way we end up going. The last time I was in a club here it was sooo packed it was not any fun to be in. Most places are relatively small for some reason. With the number of people packed in them I would think getting a larger space would be preferable. Oh well, not for me to guess about that one.
I have started taking more pics now so when I get back I will be able to put together some sort of pictoral review to match with the updates I am providing. One thing I forgot that was relatively important was the converter for my electric clippers.....Looks like I am buying anew one here to match the 220V system....I can't walk around looking scruffy.
Time to get moving again. I have to get a few things done before meeting up with friends.
HAPPY Thanksgiving to all!!!!!
Take care all.
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment