Wednesday, August 5, 2009

November 11, 2006 - Travel Update - Hawaii to Japan

Hi folks, Just an update on what is happening. I left Hawaii yesterday after a great VERY WARM week. I pretty much just stayed in waikiki. Hit the beaches and a bar or two. Funny how there aer regulars all over the place. I saw some folks from the last visit. I have started swimming. Unfortunately the week in Tokyo will not lend itself to swimming...too cold I suspect.The one problem is that it was prety humid for two days but I survived.
I made it safe into Tokyo yesterday. The weather so far is a bit chilly but it is good for doing alot of walking around. The hotel room is actually a pretty good size, a bit larger than i expected. The bed is even long enough albeit as hard as a piece of plywood. I had to keep tossing and turning last night to prevent various limbs from falling asleep before I did. I will definitely need to get some more sleep today.
I found a great internet cafe just a few blocks from the hotel so it will be easy to stay connected and it is open 24/7.
I will spend the day getting acquainted with the neighborhood I am in. This morning I finally took the time to understand the address system here. Very complicated if you do not have a map with the right keys on it. I do now have that map and it makes perfect sense now as long as you can read some japanese......I am better now though, I will be fine.
For the next few days i will pick a part of town to explore and hit the road. The guide book I have is up to date and interesting. I will certainly be kept busy.
That is all for now. I will check in with you all later.
Thinking of you all.
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment