Wednesday, August 5, 2009

April - May 2009 - Japan (2 of 4)

Well, I am back home after spending a little of the day in Shibuya again. Nothing special but just a nice relaxing walk around a very active neighborhood. It seemed as if everyone was off from work in tha area but who can tell, this area is always so conjested and active on the slowest time of the morning. The weather was perfect to wander, not too hot not too cold. However, I was able to work up a sweat walking up and down the many hills and staircases.

On my way back home I stopped in the supermarket to decide what to cook for dinner. I am already getting a bit tired of eating out all the time. I would much rather spend some time in the kitchen area to make something. The market had some great stuff to choose from, I wish I knew what it all was!!! I did decide to make a nice compilation of mushrooms and green beans in a garlic sauce along with pork butt with a ginger sauce, and rice. Getting it all cooked is going to be the challenge. I have the longest cooking item on now, the pork. I will let it cook slowly until nice and tender, I prepped all of the veggies and the rice cooker is taking care of itself. I would love to make a nice tart for dessert but....I passed by a bakery that had some awesome looking options....no cooking desserts here for me, there are too many sweets to choose from without the fuss, and besides, there is not an oven here to cook in.

Packing for the trip up north. Be in touch soon.

Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment