Wednesday, August 5, 2009

December 1, 2006 - Travel Update 13 - Back in the Good Ole USA

Hey Folks, I did not think it would be hard to get back home but I was certainly mistaken!!!!!!!!!
I left bangkok over 24 hours ago. My ticket said it would take me to Boston. Little did I know that mother nature had something to say about it all and she did not agree with my plans. Before I get to the details i should get to a bit about how i got to the airport and on my plane.
I did go out on my last night for dinner and after that a massage. I ended up back in my hotel at around 11 pm.....Early from my perspective. Well, the wake up call that I left for 3 am worked.... To a degree. The phone rang and i got up to smswer it. What i did not do is stay up. I Promptly went back to bed as if I had hours to sleep and ponder the worlds' issues. Something woke me in the middle of the night and I realized I should be someplace other than in my bed. I wa supposed to be at th airport. My flight was at 630 and it was 445 when I finally got my ass out of bed. I was packed and dressed in 10 minutes, minus my phone charger, and out he door. I expected to whizz through the hotel check out because of the hour........Oh NO!!! Mr. Murphy had other plans. I was in the lobby for 10 minutes waiting for someone to show their face. Finaly I got out of the hotel and into a cab..A cab that I thought was on the meter. The cabbie initially asked if he could charge me a flat fee. I responded by opening the door and attempting to leave, he got pissed and turned on the meter. I knew at that point how much it would cost to get to the airport. He wanted to chard me 40 percent more. I am not that stupid. I told him no and if he persisted I would get out of the cab. He turned on the meter.
After a long ride to the airport I made it on time to get my flight. I had no waiting which worked for me. During the flight I slept, ate, drank, slept, and drank sme more. This lasted for the duration of the 12 hour flight. I was still tired when I landed. B y the time I made it to Tokyo I was already tired. Then when we set off for the next leg it go more complicated. No one could sleep and no one was even aware tha they needed to sleep.
I finally got asome rest and was able to allow rest for others. I slept about half way to Chicago and then I began to hear bad news. most if not all flights wer being postponed or cancelled. Mie was one of the th lucky few that was cancalled early on. I had to wait until the next day to get home. So...that explains why I am not in a hotel waitning for the judgement to be handed down.
My flight was rescheduled until tomorrow at 7 am. I am hopefull that I will get out of here. I am ready to get back home. More later....time is passing very fast.
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment