Wednesday, August 5, 2009

November 16, 2006 - Travel Update 5 Tokyo

Hey folks....I am fine....the tsunami did not even come close to where I am. The news of it was all over the tv the night it happened here. For a while I thought I was going to be washed away but.....I am still here. Nothing like a bit of excitement for a vacation.
I am on my final leg of the japan portion of the trip. I have checked out of the hotel now and i am here at the cafe sending my last message before getting on the plane. the lat 24 hours have been full and fun. For a while I was thinking I would just relax and get ready to leave but then I said to myself....are you crazy!!!!!!????
So I had a more interesting time for the last night in Tokyo. Yesterday afternoon I went toa sword museum which was alot of fun. I am not sure I would recommend it if you had a limited timeいnTokyo but it was certainly interesting. After than I made it back to the center of Shinjuku and found a nice place to eat. I had some curry....someting a little different but had some curry....someting a little different but good.
I made it back to the hotel and did some mundane stuff like rinsed out a few shirts that I wanted to have clean for bkk, and amazingly enough they were dry by the time I got back to the room this morning. Thankfully I made a point the room this morning. Thankfully I made a point of bringing this morning. Thankfully、 I made a point of bringing primarily quick dri clothes. So, I got in bed at 8 and fell asleep quickly thereafter after a long day. I was awake at 2 am a long day. I was awake at 2 am but I long day. I was awake at 2 am but I did not get up until 230. I was out of the hotel not get up until 230. I was out of the hotel by 3 am. I knew wha the plan was for the day. I wanted to head to a sento for a few hours before the sun came up. I found the place I went to and it turned out to be great. Now for those of you who up. I found the place I went to and it turned out to be great. Now for those of you who have not been toa sento it is spa like with a large area for scrubbing your body clean and then there are any number of different types of tubs. Some hot, some hotter, some cold and then the hot, some hotter, some cold and then the super hot with bubbles. It was all good. they had massages available and even a little more personal activity going on if you chose to partake. The calm atmosphere was a just what the doctor ordered for the last night. I stayed until 6 am and then I headed to the subway. last night. I stayed until 6 am and then I headed to the subway. I was going to have one more round of sushi for the road.
I made it tot he sushi restaurant by 7 am and the fun began. It was chefs choice so he gave me began. It was chefs choice so he gave me all of the best he had. I had another great meal though it is still a little strange to have sushi and beer for breakfast. I can get used to this. the mostinteresting of the fish this morning was the various pices of whale that I ate...I have to say the blubber was by far the best tasting. It was like bacon ....not chicken.
I made it back to the hotel just in time to pack and take a quick shower before i had to check out. And now....here I sit. I have a few more hours before I need to head off to the train station so I can make it to the airport on time. I will be early I am sure. I am almost done here at the cafe. I will just find some place to eat. I am not sure what will be served on the plane so I should be full when I get on board.
the next time you hear from me i will be in bangkok. I hope to be able i will be in bangkok. I hope to be able to find someplace tomorrow but you will see whether I am successful.
Until we next chat...be safe all.
Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment